Sunday, June 21, 2009

Big Girl

Lydia has just discovered the fine art of crossing her legs. She likes to mimic us as we do it. Here she is lounging on the couch, having a snack with some juice. Since she's in a skirt, she simply must cross her legs - such a lady!

We go from ladylike to.....hmmmm....sitting on her big girl potty - we can't always be ladylike! Here she is reading a book while sitting on her potty - no, she's not attempting to go...Hmmm...wonder where she's seen this scene?? Daddy? :) I don't think I'm ready to begin the potty training adventure, so we will just pretend for now....Maybe sometime in the summer, I'll be motivated to try....waiting for her to have a stronger vocabulary to help me know when she needs to go...


This is my favorite!

Her potty is in the bedroom due to the bathroom remodel. It is coming along...slowly...but surely. Here is the completed floor - I love it!!!!!
Some side thoughts: Tonight, I was thinking how thankful I am for the time I have with our precious daughter. While I don't know what the future holds, I do know that I love my current job and the time it affords me with Lydia. I am so thankful for Matt's willingness to support me in my endeavor. Each and every day, I am thankful for her smiles, her hugs, her kisses, her sweet spirit and her desire to be independent (yes, even that). She is the love of my life (next to Matt, of course).

A little funny: Lydia was having quite a time getting into the cart at Walmart the other day - it's so hard to get in when you're screaming and have your legs pulled up :) - Anyway, a kind passerby suggested I use the word "please" and she would comply. Hmmmm....I thought "Sit down" was supposed to work!

No comments: