Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm a Big Girl Now!

I know we should have been working on this skill for a while and that we should probably have mastered the sippy cup, too.....But....we haven't and are excited about our new skill. Lydia can now feed herself her own bottle! yea! I decided the other day to give it a try. At first, she looked at me like, "I have things to do, I can't be holding this. Besides, you've always done it." By the end of that bottle, she was holding it with one hand and playing with her foot with the other :) Enjoy this little video of Lydia's new accomplishment.



We bought Lydia a new kitchen. She is getting to be a bigger girl, walking more independently and playing in the kitchen cabinets. So, we went out and got her a big girl toy. Here she is helping Daddy build it and then playing in it. In typical little girl fashion she throws the hammer down the drain!



This is a longer movie displaying some of the cool toys the kitchenette has. She thoroughly enjoyed her new found toy. The best thing is she gets to stand up to play!



Mom and Dad's living room has now become the short order kitchen/diner!

No comments: