Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Holly and Lydia surprising Granny for her birthday
Our day started at 3:30 this morning as we sought to make our journey to Pennsylvania to surprise Granny (Holly's mom) for her 60th birthday. So, at 5:45 we loaded on to the airplane. Lydia began talking up a storm and thought I was her jungle gym. About 45 minutes later, we were told that there was a mechanical problem and the flight would be cancelled. So, back to the terminal we went. While I had been excited about my seat in the back of the plane in an empty row, it put me at the back of the line of 100+ to rebook :) We finally were rebooked on a flight leaving DFW at 12:53 headed to Philadelphia. During our wait, we had Matt come back to the airport (what a good daddy) to take us to Chick-fil-A. We made it back to the airport in time for our new flight and we arrived in Philly at 5:15 and met up with Aunt Jay. She drove us to Target, where we would surprise Granny. Lydia and I walked up to her and here's a picture of the scene :) While my mom may not have been totally surprsed as apparently that's what she wanted for her b-day (yes, our arrival :), she still clearly was excited. We will be in PA until Friday night and will return home. Granny will turn 60 on Friday - yes, 8/8/08...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a wonderful picture! I love moments like that. Have a great time!
What a special birthday surprise!! I agree...that picture is great!!
What a joy to know you and Lydia are there to help your mom celebrate a special birthday.
Post a Comment