We have had a busy month. About two weeks ago, I was preparing for a nice long weekend with a visit from Matt's parents. I finished up with school on that Friday and headed out to my car. I found a note sitting on my steering wheel from Matt. I thought, "Oh, how sweet". I opened the note and it told me that I needed to come home and start packing because we were going on a trip for the following few days. What??? I was shocked. Apparently, Matt's parents had arrived to babysit, not visit with us. Matt told me I wouldn't find out where we going until Saturday but that there was a weather forecast in my suitcase. I came home and started packing. The next morning we headed to the airport. I still didn't know where we were headed. Right before we went through security, he handed me my ticket. We were headed to.....Los Angeles, CA!!!!!! I had never been to CA before, so I was so excited. He told me that wasn't our final destination, however. Once in LA, we started driving and landed in Newport Beach, CA. It was awesome.
A view from our hotel room...

Our king size bed...

Another surprise....Matt had told me we would be spending all day Sunday at Catalina Island. He didn't mention how we would be getting there :) Yes, we took a helicopter ride across the Pacific Ocean to Catalina Island. It was awesome!!!

Inside the helicopter

Catalina Island

Catalina Island

While on the island, we took two tours. One tour was a semi-submersible tour. Here we are, about to load up.

Look at all of those fish!!!! Yes, there were feeding them up above :)

Our other tour was the Avalon Scenic Tour. It took us up into the mountains.

A view from above.

It was so beautiful!!

Our lunch table, overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

On Monday, we went to Balboa Island. We needed to take a ferry between the peninsula and island, so here we are, aboard.

B'Fast at Wilma's Patio...It was a great little restaurant. We went there twice for breakfast.

I grew up going to Ocean City, NJ and my absolute favorite thing to do was rent a surrey and ride it up and down the boardwalk. This is a surrey...We rented it and rode along their boardwalk. It was a lot of fun. In the background is where Gilligan's Island was filmed (or so we were told)

1 comment:
What a romantic! That is soooo fun! What a blessing to get away just the two of you...I am impressed. Thanks for leaving a note on my blog...I can see you in Lydia...though I don't know your husband. She's so cute...Hope that life is going well for you. Do you travel up here for holidays? Love, Missy.
Post a Comment