Monday, February 21, 2011

God is good...all the time...

We have quite a week ahead of us. Over the weekend, we took Lydia to Rolla, MO to meet up with Matt's parents. They took her the rest of the way to their house. She will spend a week in IL and fly back with her Grandma next Tuesday. It's been very quiet around our house. I certainly miss my "best girl", but am enjoying doing some running around on my own.

On Tuesday, we have a Level 2 sonogram scheduled. I got a call last Tuesday from my doctor. He said that he had the results from my triple screen test (a blood test). This is a test that looks for risk indicators for Trisomy 18 and Down's Syndrome. He said that my test came back indicating an increased risk for Down's Syndrome. He said my normal risk would be 1 in 400 but the test indicated that it was more like 1 in 150. At first, I was upset...but after a week of thinking, I strongly believe that our Lily is a precious gift from God and NOTHING will change that. I'm thankful for the opportunity to see every inch of our precious girl (of course, we can make sure she is indeed a girl :)). I do pray that everything is medically okay with her precious little body.

We have some other goings-on in our family, but I will save the details until decisions are made. We are praying that we would be obedient to God's perfect will and that His will would be done.

We continue to be reminded that our God is Sovereign and He is good!

No comments: