Today our sweet girl is 2 months old!!! I'm sorry I'm too lazy/tired to hook up my camera to the computer and add pictures - I will another time. For now, I'll just give an update. We were so blessed to have Matt's mom with us for the first month and my parents with us for the second month. We have been on our own for the past two weeks! While we LOVED having our families around to help us adjust to being a family of four, a new home, and new roles in our family, we are thoroughly enjoying our home and little family. This is my first opportunity to stay home and....I LOVE IT!!!!! (Sorry, Matt :)) God has graciously allowed us to make this transition. We paid off our debts and are living debt free (the best feeling!). We are well aware that it is by God's grace that we are in this situation and not our own doing!
So....we've been...
- eating at home (which means I've been learning to cook and checking out new recipes)
- catching good deals through coupons and internet savings
- playing and learning at home (rather than shopping :))
I've realized that I am quite the home body - on Tuesday, I never left the house and it was great!
Lily Eve is a precious little girl - she is soooo good and easy!! She sleeps quite a bit, is easily consolable, eats regularly on her little schedule, smiles (and has started cooing) and has rolled over 3 times (I have missed all 3! - I put her on her tummy and then turned around to find her on her back). She is an absolute delight!
Lydia is such a great big sister!! She helps me get Lily bathed in the morning and talks to her baby sister. It is wonderful to watch the two interact - Lily follows Lydia's voice and laughter - so cute!
Lydia started preschool last week and attends Monday and Wednesday from 9-2. This week, I joined a MOPS group and tonight we'll start a small group at church. I've decided making friends at 33 is not nearly as fun as when you're 4! But, we're trying to get adjusted and plugged in. Matt is doing well with his job although he gets overwhelmed with the large To-Do list...On the home front, he is busy putting our touches on the house (paint, new door handles, bathroom remodel, and the list goes on).
So, in a nutshell, that's what we've been up to. God is so GOOD and we are overwhelmed by His continue blessings in our life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment