Friday, December 2, 2011

Back to the Blog...

Okay, I'm back....I hope to be a little more consistent with the blog, but with all of the help I have, I'm having trouble staying focused on even this post :) We've been staying busy and enjoying our family of 4! Matt has been busy at work as they just completed a new chapel at the Seminary. He's been working late and working hard. He took off the week of Thanksgiving and his parents came down from IL. It was a great time of visiting. Matt and his dad built a shed for the backyard - now Matt can move the items from the garage to the shed and free up a space for the van. I've been busy at home. I really underestimated the work of a stay at home mom! I've been busy cleaning, cooking, ironing, doing laundry, shopping, and managing two independent little girls.

Lydia and Grandpa building a truck....
Grandpa, Granny, and Lydia - On Thanksgiving morning, the gang went to Texas Motor Speedway for a "Turkey Trot". Lydia is proudly donning her new shirt - over her footie jammies.
Project of the Week: A new shed for the backyard...

Lily Eve...She spent the first four months of her life catching up on much needed sleep. Now, she has come into her own and thinks naps are for babies. She is still such a sweet little thing and we are so blessed to have her in our life.
Momma's sweet girls...Lydia is such a great big sister!! She loves Lily and helps me take care of her. It is a joy to watch the two of them interact.

When I'm not busy...I have those times, right? :) Anyway, when I have time, I've taken up freelance writing on a website called textbroker.com Basically, I write SEO (Search Engine Optimization) articles and get paid to do it. While it's not much, anything helps.

Matt and I are looking forward to a quiet Christmas at home...just the four of us. We will have a "Skype" Christmas with our families.

No comments: