Monday, December 5, 2011

Couponing and Savings

While I will not claim to be an extreme couponer, I have had some success in saving money with coupons and other in-store deals. Today, I thought I did really good so I thought I would go step-by-step through my savings for anyone interested in "how" it's done. I'm very visual and often think, "That's great that you saved money, but how did you do it?" At the end of the post, I have pictures of my coupon binder. I used to use the expandable files but thought I'd give the binder a try. I LOVE IT!!!

I hope this helps some of you! :)

CVS - Transaction #1
Garnier Fructis - On Sale for 2/$6.97 with $3 back in Register Rewards
Huggies - On Sale for $9.49 with $1 back in Register Rewards
Pull-Ups - On Sale for $9.49
M & M Pretzels (Oh, come on, this is clearly a necessity :)) - Price $4.99

Coupons Used:
$1 x 2 - Garnier Fructis newspaper coupon
$3 x 2 - CVS Huggies Coupon (printable)
$2 x 2 - Huggies newspaper coupon
$3 - CVS Coupon on M & Ms (this printed at the kiosk)
$3 - CVS Coupon from kiosk for $3 off of $15 worth of baby stuff

Total Transaction: $16.18
Savings: $25.40 (additional savings from sales being run at CVS)


CVS - Transaction #2
Huggies - On Sale for $9.49
Twizzlers - On Sale for 2/$4

Coupons Used:
$3 Register Rewards from 1st Transaction
$1 Register Rewards from 1st Transaction
$3 CVS Huggies Coupon (found online)

Total Transaction: $7.03
Savings: $11.48


Target - Transaction #3
Huggies Wipes - $5.49
Triaminic - $5.04
Market Pantry Apple Juice - $2.24 each (Market Pantry is a low risk apple juice for arsenic)

Coupons Used:
Triamic - $1 Target Printable
Triaminic - $3 newspaper coupon
Apple Juice - $1/2 Target Printable
Huggies Wipes - $1 Target Printable
Huggies Wipes - $2 newspaper coupon

Total Transaction: $7.94
Savings: $9.00


Walgreens - Transaction #4
Schick Quattro Titanium Razor - On Sale for $8.99

Coupons Used:
$2 Walgreens Coupon (from book)
$2 Schick Coupon

Total Transaction: $5.40
Savings: $5.00
Register Rewards: $3.00
Total Razor Cost: $1.99


Walgreens - Transaction #5
Sonicare Brushheads - On Sale for $24.99

Coupons Used:
$3 Register Rewards from Transaction #4
$5 Sonicare Coupon

Total Transaction: $18.39
Savings: $13.00


Dollar General - Transaction #6 (My best deal)
Nivea Lip Care - On Sale for $2 each

Coupon Used: $3/2

Total Transaction: $1.08
Savings: $4

Savings Helper: Priceless :)

Coupon Binder
For filing coupons, I use baseball card holders (found them at Walmart by cigarette aisle in front of store). I found these printable dividers at "Keeping Life Creative" - www.keepinglifecreative.com I also used full size page protectors for random coupons such as Yankee Candle, Bath and Body, Kohl's, and restaurant coupons.





No comments: